The International Centre of Criminological Research and Expertise conducts interdisciplinary basic research and development work both for widely understood internal security as well as the justice system. The projects realised by the Team composed of employees and PhD students of the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology involve scientists from many fields of science: for example computer science, cybernetics or life sciences.
Criminologists who are members of the International Centre of Criminological Research and Expertise have numerous scientific contacts all over the world, which allows international cooperation within the framework of the conducted research. The scientists with whom the Centre's employees conduct cooperation come from such countries as: Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Great Britain, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Belarus, USA, Japan, Australia, Canada, China, South Korea, Thailand, Qatar and South Africa.
The tasks of the International Centre of Criminological Research and Expertise include:
- conducting and coordinating interdisciplinary research in the field of criminology, particularly in such areas as: security of citizens and the state, the most serious categories of crime and social pathologies, contemporary threats related to social and technological development, functioning of law enforcement agencies, special services and justice,
- initiating and coordinating the University's participation in research consortia at the national and international level in the field of the above themes,
- organization of conferences, seminars and research practices,
- cooperation with state authorities, private sector and non-governmental organizations in Poland and abroad,
- preparation of expert opinions for the state authorities, private sector and non-governmental organizations in Poland and abroad,
- publishing and popularizing activities.